Monday, January 19, 2009

Homemade Centerpiece


Rosehips



This fall I decided that I wanted to make my own wreaths. Before winter really sank in, on a cold and rainy day, I went out and hauled some grapevines off trees growing on our relative's property. While they were damp, I wrapped them up into wreaths, 2 small and 2 large. Earlier in the month, Nate had gone out and picked me some rose hips and pinecones - you can ask him what kind of trees they came from! :) Anyways, when they were dry, I made a wreath. The rosehips are wrapped around the wreath with wire, and the dried oranges and pinecones are placed on top - so they do fall off once in awhile! I love how it turned out! It is still on our table and will probably stay there for awhile! I didn't get a chance to make up the others, so those will be this coming year's project. Things got a little postponed trying to finish a commission by Christmas! More on that one later, though. Psyche entertains herself by biting the rosehips off their branches and watching them go flying! What a darling little MONSTER!






I love the light it gives off at night when the candle is lit!


No comments: