Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm still alive!



Wow! It's been awhile! Spring has brought about many things to keep us busy! Nate and I got up at 4:00 am the other morning to go scout for turkeys. We didn't see any, but the sunrise was beautiful! It was so neat to hear the birds start singing - I mentioned to Nate that it sounded like an orchestra warming up. He said that it is called the "Dawn Chorus" So pretty! The weather has been very warm - it was snowing one day, and 80 degrees the next and 80-90 for the rest of the week! We have been busy outside, so not much has been done inside. Confession: I am back to Day 2 of keeping my sink shiny! I feel ready, though, to start again. Practice makes perfect, right? Saturday, there was an auction here in town at the storage units. They were auctioning off units that hadn't been paid on. I went to see if I could find a rototiller, snowblower, sewing stuff, or a really nice queen bed. OK, so I was hoping a little too much. It was pretty much all trash! Papers that should have been recycled, rather than paid to be put in storage. I didn't buy anything, but spent the day helping Nate's aunt and uncle who bought 2, because she wants to put things on ebay. I was cringing at the thought of what the insides of the houses looked like, and realizing that I don't want to have a cluttered house - which I have already decided, but needed a reminder.

Crafty posts will be coming soon. I can't ignore them much longer!

1 comment:

Chele said...

You're not alone, I've been slacking on the blogging thing.

Glad to hear your enjoying warmer weather. Can't wait to see what you've been crafting.