Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Necktie Stockings: Step 2

Sorry about the title - step 1 was done last year when I washed, opened and ironed the ties. Yesterday I had so much fun before I went to work sorting them into different colorways, that as soon as I got home, I went right to sewing.

It went together fairly well. I love my rotary cutter - so much so, that I will need a new mat soon. :) Anywhoo, this is what the front side looks like. The back is going to be crazy quilt-ish. The base is made from a king size flat sheet that I found at the thrift store.

Over 4 yards for $2. Not bad! It won't all be hidden in these stockings. Looking at it so much yesterday made me fall completely in love with it, and I want to make an apron and a baby dress from it too. Well actually, it distracted me, and the apron is almost done. :)

I am noticing a recurring theme with the cat feet - she has to be involved in everything!

1 comment:

Chele said...

Cool project. I would have never thought to repurpose ties that way. I have a 3 year old new sewing machine that I've never used. I know it's ridiculous.

Your cat sounds like our Gizmo. lol