Monday, September 27, 2010

Too long!



Ok, so once again it has been forever and this post is coming because my dear friend Shell is losing faith in my blogging abilities. Ha! Well, it has been too long since I have posted and this little dress is also too long....but too narrow! It is a fight to get it over her head and since she is crawling at the moment, a long skirt isn't helping her make progress. So there are a few modifications that need to be made to it, however, I love it and it would be great for the winter with a pair of leggings...or some wool pants made from a refashioned sweater. The pattern is from McCall's. Overall it was very easy other than the neckline, which is an overlapping neckline like most onesies. I serged it but still tried to fold it over 5/8" like the pattern called for - it was impossible around the curves, so I ended up serging it again and cutting 1/4" off and it turned nicely. :) Not my favorite knit, but I haven't done much work with knits and this was nice to start out with. This was made in the large size, so my next project will be pattern adjusting! :)

1 comment:

Moments with Shell said...

Well, It's about time …. And just so you know , ONE Blog post does NOT restore my faith in your abilities….=)